‘Tim Keller Reasons with America: A New York Pastor Explains Why he’s Taking his Ministry Model on the Road: Interview by Susan Wunderink’, Reformed Perspectives Magazine 12, 7 (2010).
This is a record of an old-ish interview with Tim Keller on issues related to his book, The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism (New York: Dutton, 2008)… still worth reading.
Here are the questions and points put to him:
• Are the doubts that believers face the same as the doubts that unbelievers face?
• You reject marketing apologetics like, ‘Christianity is better than the alternatives, so choose Christianity.’ Why?
• Why have you avoided using arguments from intelligent design in your apologetics?
• Do you hear a lot of ‘I can’t believe in Christianity because I believe in science’?
• The recent Pew study talked about changing patterns of belief in America. Has that affected your apologetics ministry?
• Many Christians say that the rationality of Christians’ faith is not the obstacle for unbelievers; they reject Christianity because of what they see as bad behavior and toxic attitudes.
• What are the changes that you see for your ministry?